My Kinabalu Adventure 2007

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

From Comfort Zone to Twilight Zone and Back



Introduction

Hi! I'm Pueh Tian from the QTA department. I am responsible for product releases; complain handling and some documentation system. When I am not at my cubicle clicking the mouse button, I enjoy running (10-21k), traveling and listening to music.

The reason that I create this blog is to share my photos, videos and thoughts about the amazing trip to Mount Kinabalu with my J&J Sales and Marketing team. Some of the stuff is too good to be kept in the hard-disc and memory cards. I am not that good with words, so I let all my pictures do the talking. Well, like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I was fortunate enough to join this trip due to a last minute pullout from the team. I did miss out the training sessions that the team had gone through while preparing for the climb like trips to Gunung Kutu and Gunung Datuk. Anyway, I think I am reasonably fit (I completed 4 marathons and I go for road races every weekend), so I decided to get out of my comfort zone and go for the trip!

The pictures here are from my own cameras (yes...I brought 2) unless specified. If you should want the original copy of the photos or videos, you know where to find me.


Acknowledgment

To Amelia Ang: Thank you for making this trip happen and helping me to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime adventure. You have done your very best to ensure the success of the trip. And remember this, you cannot please everybody. For those who can't stop complaining, please talk to the hand, OK!

To all my J&J teammates: Thank you for allowing me, “an outsider” to be part of the team. Thank you for the “hi”s, smiles and little words of encouragement along the way to the peak. Now we can really literally say that we been through the STORM together!

No comments: